Monday, March 1, 2010

Skiing

We had a fun and adventure filled Saturday.  We started off taking all the kids skiing.  Micah had a lesson with a bunch of teenage girls.  It was funny to watch.  He did great and is spending more time on his good edges.  
The morning ended with Josh and Julian taking a few extra runs together. I took the kids to the car to have snacks.  I looked up the mountain to see if I could see them.  I love watching them ski.  I saw Julian riding on the back of the ski patrol's snow mobile. I said, "Guys, Papa is hurt.  Thea can you watch the kids so I can see what is going on?"  As I walked to meet up with Julian I think of what might be?  A broken arm?  A hurt ankle?  I smile and laugh as the ski patrol tells me about the injury and how I will need to take him to the ER Well we didn't go to the ER  Dr. Zastrocky and his partner took good care of him.  
In Josh's words:
I had a skiing accident and suffered orbital fractures.  I'm not sure if I'll need surgery or not.  My vision is OK but I'm pretty diplopic.  I should have a better idea over the next few days.
In Julianna's words:
Josh had a skiing accident and broke his face.  He had to get a lot of stitches and is seeing double.  He may     need surgery?
The thing is, God is in control over all of it and he has a plan for us right now. It is Josh's injury. So instead of worry we choose to worship. And thank God for our injury, his provision, and grace that he gives us.

Job 38:4-11 (New International Version)

 4 "Where were you when I laid the earth's foundation? 
       Tell me, if you understand.

 5 Who marked off its dimensions? Surely you know! 
       Who stretched a measuring line across it?

 6 On what were its footings set, 
       or who laid its cornerstone-

 7 while the morning stars sang together 
       and all the angels [a] shouted for joy?

 8 "Who shut up the sea behind doors 
       when it burst forth from the womb,

 9 when I made the clouds its garment 
       and wrapped it in thick darkness,

 10 when I fixed limits for it 
       and set its doors and bars in place,

 11 when I said, 'This far you may come and no farther; 
       here is where your proud waves halt'?




2 comments:

*amanda.grace said...

I pray that Josh heals quickly. These scriptures blessed me. Blessings to your family.

Unknown said...

Oh my...the adventure you weren't exactly looking for! Praying for you today. I can see Jesus in you, Julianna...